Windows and PS4
Planetside 2 is a free to play MMO FPS that brings massive scale war as never before seen, players will fight for one of three different factions in endless battles for territory across three different continents. Ranging from small skirmishes to huge thousand player battles, players can fight as infantry, in all manner of vehicles from tanks to personnel carriers, and even as pilots in the sky with a seamless battle between land and air.
Players are able to switch between a multitude of different classes from the stealthy Infiltrator to that always handy Medic, in small groups or huge vanguards players are able to head into the ever changing bases to capture points and defend them until they control that piece of territory.
FPS meets strategy, groups of players known as Outfits will often use the tactical continent map to determine the best course of action and which linking territories to take next, in the meantime other Outfits and other factions are working alongside and also against them.
- Massive battles: thousands of players fighting in a seamless world, fast and action packed FPS with amazing technology and server stability to prevent lag
- Three Factions: choose from one of three unique factions, each of which have their own particular weapons, vehicles, and are static design. Choose from the Terran Republic, the Vanu Sovereignty and the New Conglomerate
- Territory battle: the core game of Planetside 2 is about capturing territories and using the re-sources and benefits that they provide, defending those regions you have captured and pushing forward to take new territory
- Huge world: the game world is split up into three different continents each of which is divided into dozens of territories all linked seamlessly together where crossing boundaries into new territory does not require a loading screen
- Flexible classes: players are able to progress the various classes individually and switch between them during battle at appropriate stations, the ability to outfits each class and gearing them towards your own personal place style
- Vehicles: more than 10 vehicles per faction, each designed with a look and feel appropriate to that factions theme, each of which can be upgraded and personalised with skill points
- Weapons: from pistols, rifles and bazookas players have an extensive arsenal to choose from and upgrade the peripherals and attachments to each
New Conglomerate: a band of ragtag rebels and freedom fighters with a loose affiliation that have managed to come together to form the New Conglomerate, made up of the few men and women still fighting for liberty.
Terran Republic: using force and militaristic might the Terran Republic imposes peace through fear, an authoritarian government that cares little about civil liberties and the price they are willing to pay for peace is blood.
Vanu Sovereignty: a technologically forward empire from the outer regions that use their technological superiority to take what they want with little regard for the inferior lives that they take in the process.
Heavy Infantry: equipped with heavy armour and powerful weaponry such as automatic rifles and a bazookas heavy infantry is the ideal class for taking out tanks and aircraft.
Light Infantry: the Light Infantry’s main feature is the jet pack that allows them to scale up to higher platforms, particularly useful when attacking bases.
Infiltrator: using their stealth cloak they are able to sneak into bases and hack terminals to aid their allies, but are also equipped with long-range sniper rifles making them deadly both from afar and up close.
Combat Medic: equipped with a healing gun that can heal at range and also be used to revive incapacitated players the Medic is the ideal support to keep attackers heading to their objective keeping defenders on their feet.
Engineer: the engineer’s primary task is to keep the vehicles repaired, once they have been destroyed they are lost for good and so good engineer constantly keeps his eyes on the health of the armoured vehicles around him
Max: the mechanised exoskeleton that infantry are able to equip is more walking tank than anything else, heavily armoured and even more heavily equipped with customisable weapons they are a fearsome sight to behold on the battlefield.
Ground Transport: from the single seater Flash quad bikes to the 12 person seated APC Sunderer that can be used as a mobile spawn point there are a number of quick ways to get around in the game.
Tanks: where some tanks and built to speed such as the Lightning others like the Vanguard are built for pure stopping power giving a nice selection of tactics available when making an advance on enemy territory.
Air: as a pilot you are able to fly single man fighters, fearsome Liberator bombers to the large-scale Galaxy able to carry squads quickly across the continent.
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 15 GB free
Video Memory: 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX compatible