SWTOR Unveils Its Roadmap For This Year
SWTOR has just unveiled an interesting roadmap which shows the updates and the new features that we are going to see in the game this year. Bruce Mclean said that there are two digital expansion coming out in 2014, one similar Galactic Starfighter and one more similar to Rise of the Hutt Cartel. There is also a rumor about an housing system to be launched in one of these expansion, but there are no official news about it.
Check out the roadmap:
February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch
- Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players
- SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber - tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!
- This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance
- Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat
- Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15
March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!
April 8th: Game Update 2.7
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale
- Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear
- New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
June 10th: Game Update 2.8
- Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation
- New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
- And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point - we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June
Source of information: EA Bioware press release