Ikariam Gods of Olympus Update
Bringing New Content to Greek City Builder MMO Later this Winter. Gods of Olympus update introduces Mythology field of research and six famed figures from Ancient Greece
Gameforge, a leading Western publisher of MMORPGs, today announced an upcoming content update to Ikariam, the massively multiplayer online game set in ancient Greece. Titled “Gods of Olympus,” the new update will be introduced to the free-to-play, browser-based game later this winter.
Ikariam Gods of Olympus Avatar TYCHE
In Gods of Olympus, Ikariam players are in for a divine experience as they can construct a Gods’ Shrine before assigning colonies to worship one of six powerful new gods. As a righteous reward for their devotion, the god will provide increased resource production, with bonuses based on ancient Greek mythology.
Ikariam Avatar THEIA
Through the Gods’ Shrine, players can also interact with the gods they unlock, completing daily tasks to earn “Favor”. Donate that Favor, keep these holy figures satisfied, and watch the production bonuses grow!
Features of the Ikariam Gods of Olympus update include:
- New "Mythology” field of research which will facilitate unlocking the new gods
- New building: Gods’ Shrine, which is required for players to be able to obtain and interact with the civilization’s gods
- 6 new gods, each with their own special abilities related to ancient Greek mythology:
- Dionysus: increases the town’s wine production
- Pan: increases the town’s wood production
- Hephaestus: increases the town’s sulfur production
- Tyche: increases the town’s marble production
- Theia: increases the town’s crystal production
- Plutus: increases the town’s gold production
- Reworked Daily Tasks: The daily tasks system will receive a major overhaul to introduce more variety, as well as incorporate its functionality into the gods' system in a meaningful way
“We’re excited to be able to bring players a swath of new content in the Gods of Olympus update,” said Andrew Peggs, Product Manager at Gameforge. “Along with giving players ways to better fine-tune their in-game economies, the update is designed to address feedback brought forward by players, continuing to make Ikariam a truly unique and engaging MMO experience 15 years after launch.”
Usher in an age of discoveries and prosperity in the browser game Ikariam. Players are tasked with building and managing their cities, researching new technologies, engaging in trade, and going to war against other rulers when necessary. Take up the leader's responsibility in this ancient world, discover new technologies to further society’s cultural progression, and facilitate the growth of new towns. In essence, success in Ikariam boils down to three things: build, conquer, and reign!
Founded in 2003, Gameforge is a leading Western publisher and operator of widely acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) and browser-based game titles. Gameforge builds highly active and enduring global communities by supporting players through the greatest quality LiveOps, provision of localized content, engaging community management, and frequent delivery of meaningful updates.
Gameforge’s diverse portfolio of highly successful gaming brands provides different worlds with engaging experiences for players from all walks of life: core MMORPG titles AION Classic , Runes of Magic, and Metin2, beloved anime MMOs Elsword and NosTale, strategy-focused browser games like OGame and Ikariam, along with indie titles such as Trigon: Space Story and Tiny Thor.
Source: Gameforge - Ikariam