Call of War updates and events march 2020
Bytro Labs have big updates and events for 2020. Call of War 1.5 will be the game-defining theme this year, bringing new balancing, mechanics, and more.
We are happy to officially present the brand new Call of War logo today! As much as we loved the old logo, we felt that Call of War 1.5 needs modern and appropriate branding. In order to perfect the new look for Call of War 1.5, we didn't stop at the new logo but also gave all units in the game a new look. We hope you and your players like the changes!
However, not only was a lot of work done on the appearance of the game but also a few minor flaws that were not only on ours but above all on the list of players were fixed. The days are counted on which a province was lost to an enemy, even though an allied force had placed its troops in the center of the province for protection. We were also able to fix the bug that caused supply drops to be dropped in the Allied area from time to time.
● The range indicator no longer has a gradient. The circle is now displayed more clearly than a ring.
● We improved the visibility of roads on the map. Roads are now displayed twice as wide.
● We have improved the look of the “Send me login link” button in the account settings of the app. The button is now more clearly recognizable as such.
● We have increased the zoom level in the improved graphics.
○ You can now zoom in closer to what's going on to get a better overview and see more details on the map.
● We have reduced the range of “snapping” in the improved graphics.
○ This allows you to move units closer to the center of a province without attacking them. Wind noise is now only audible when zooming out of the map.
● We have added a special list with the properties of a unit to the unit details in the app. The viewing radius of a unit is now displayed in the Properties section in the unit details.
● We have added icons to the production and research menu that indicate the armor class of units.
● We have added icons to the tabs for production and research on the PC.
● New private resource offers now appear occasionally in the market.
Uncoming Events for Call of War:
Arms Race 4x Speed: (Sign-up period:06.03.2020 - 10.03.2020)
It is time again for our Arms Race event and the challenge to manage and coordinate the massive amounts of units and resources that are provided on this map on day 1. Five light tanks, four medium tanks, three artillery units, two mechanized infantries, two anti-tank units, one commando, and one anti-air unit will be stationed in all urban provinces protecting your already fully upgraded buildings, ready to receive orders. In all non-urban provinces,, you will find three infantry units.
All Countries: All In! 4x Speed: (Sign-up period: 13.03.2020 - 17.03.2020)
Did you ever want to take the reigns of the smaller nations that participated in World War 2? Try to grow a small country into a big empire or pick an established superpower and surround yourself with allies. Recreate history or conquer the whole world in this historical battle scenario!
Pick your favourite: (Sign-up period: 20.03.2020 - 24.03.2020)
For the first time in Call of War history, the community will decide which event to host over the weekend. Which of the following events is your favorite? Players can vote for their favorite event from Monday, March 9th until Tuesday, March 17th, 2020! The selection is given below.
What happens if all states in North America are armed with nuclear weapons? Who will press the button first? In this scenario, all North American countries have unlocked research down to nuclear devices and equipped their armies with these deadliest weapons.
Will the axis turn the tide of war in a decisive battle? Will the Soviets and Allies inevitably collide and turn an impending Cold War into a hot one? In this 3vs3vs3 team scenario, you can play as an Axis, Soviet or Western ally and change the course of history!
Rush for Europe:
"Rush for Europe" is a special event card that runs at the breathtaking 6 times the speed of normal game rounds! Even the smallest decision could have serious consequences at this rate. Experience the war for Europe as you have never seen it before!
Show everyone that you are the greatest strategist out there. Tournament Island meets two solid and perfectly balanced teams in a fight on a symmetrical island. Who is the better team?
Source: Bytro Labs - Call of War