Phantasy Star Online 2 has announced that the release of the game in North America and Europe is going to be on 2013SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd have revealed that its multiplayer action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be coming to North America and Europe in 2013.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is set in the Year 238, the New Era of Light, and players will join a new band of Arks in the fight against mysterious D-Arkers, embarking on another epic adventure of infinite possibilities.
The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests, added Satoshi Sakai, Phantasy Star Online 2 Producer at SEGA of Japan.
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST