New Dungeons of Swords of Legends Online The Firestone Legacy
Publisher Gameforge and developers Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon offer players a glimpse of the first three of the five new dungeons — as well as a sneak peek at the next new raid — that players will encounter in Update 2.0: The Firestone Legacy, the massive expansion coming soon to their stunning MMORPG Swords of Legends Online!
In the dungeons of The Firestone Legacy, players will engage in thrilling combat, overcome intense trials, and uncover even more of the rich lore of Swords of Legends Online. Each dungeon can host five to ten players and will feature multiple difficulty levels, meaning even those who have reached the level cap will be challenged. Players that want the very best loot must step up to the challenge and prove they are worthy of “Legendary” status!
Gear up and plan your battle strategy while you check out a brief overview of the dungeon battles in Update 2.0: The Firestone Legacy below:
Here’s a look at the first three dungeons players will soon bravely conquer:
The Firestone Grave of Dreams
The entrance to the ancestral tomb of the Firestone clan is hidden deep within Changhe Mountain. Its labyrinthian structure is full of traps to prevent thieves and evildoers from disturbing the ancestors’ slumber. At the tomb’s deepest point lies the Xiefang Crypt, which holds the secrets to the Firestone clan’s power. But be warned: if the Xiefang Crypt is disturbed, all inside the tomb will perish!
Bosses of The Firestone Grave of Dreams:
• Firestarter Grave Guardian — Once the most loyal guardians of the tomb, these beings were crafted from hard firestone. Their souls were warped in endless darkness after the traps of the tomb were triggered, making them even more dangerous.
• Stone-Faced Divine General — A stone colossus created by the ancestors of the Firestone clan. Thanks to the Soulforce present in the firestone, it hasn't lost a bit of its strength even after a thousand years.
• Xiefang Colossus — Protective spirits made from the remains of hard firestones, the Xiefang Colossi are driven by one thing: protecting the tomb from outsiders at all costs.
• Jiang Kanhua — A Palace Master driven mad after being sealed away in the depths of the tomb. When Haocang and Zhong Wuchi forced him to reveal the secrets of the Firestone clan, he activated the Xiefang Crypt in an attempt to defeat them, but in vain.
The Rotting Grotto was once a settlement of the jiachong. When Zhong Wuchi tried to stimulate the Dragonvein in the Changfu Garden, his forge unexpectedly exploded, opening a rift connecting the forge and the grotto. The explosion resulted in huge amounts of negative qi infecting the grotto, mutating the jiachong that reside there. The area has been plunged into chaos ever since.
Bosses of Rotting Grotto:
• Gold-melting Spider Demon — Once a relatively weak member of the jiachong, he and his companion were mutated by the negative qi caused by the explosion. When the latter was killed by the other jiachong, he was driven into an uncontrollable rage, wildly attacking anyone and anything which came near.
• Obsidian Giant Mosquito — A former sword fighter of the jiachong who resembles a giant mosquito. The negative qi caused him to become very aggressive, and made his swordsmanship more powerful and unpredictable.
• Demonic Dung Beetle — A jiachong who lived under the earth for a long time and spurned all contact with the outside world. Although he loved good food and was very sociable, he was often misunderstood. The shock of the negative qi led him to come to the surface to see what had happened, and deal with those who would disturb his solitude.
• Yao’an — Originally a student of the Pavilion of the Broken Sword, he fled the school out of love for Li Xiaotang. He oversaw her warriors and took over control of the forge, up until the explosion. It is unknown how the negative qi has affected him.
Heavenly Gate Labyrinth
Xiongxin, master of Langquan, established this formation to prevent others from invading. After Zhong Wuchi destroyed the labyrinth with the Unnamed Sword, he breached its core and the power of the five elements contained within fell into chaos. The portals that conceal the path through the labyrinth have been damaged over time and must be repaired in order to escape.
Bosses of Heavenly Gate Labyrinth:
• Elemental Guardian — These are the guards Xiongxin positioned here when setting up the formation. After a thousand years, only a few remain, dedicated to eliminating any invaders. They bear the power of the five elements, making them extremely dangerous.
• Langren Hatemonger — One of Meijia’s finest warriors, he demanded a Demonsword of his own. Zhong Wuchi granted his wish and forged one for him. The sword can absorb the power of the five elements; and the longer he fights, the stronger the sword becomes.
• Yin Xiangtian — Yin Xiangtian is a skilled Berserker who has grown exponentially stronger since his mutation. His jug is now filled with a poisonous wine imbued with dark qi.
• Cloudweaving Spider Ghost — Once a normal spider in the Dreamworld, he has grown much more savage in order to be able to survive the ancient destruction and thousands of years of life. His spiderwebs are strong and insidious, and he can summon small spiders to help him conquer foes.
Sneak Peek at the First Raid of Update 2.0:
The long bridge that connects the Heavenly Gate Labyrinth to Langquan is truly magnificent, like the sparkling lights of the firmament. The long history of war between demons and immortals has led to it being broken and rebuilt countless times, and those with ill intent continue in their attempts to traverse it into the immortal realm to this day.
The Langquan Bridge is protected by many powerful foes, including mysterious guards and armies of monsters who should not be underestimated. Many have tried and failed to cross the bridge and breach the border wall of Langquan. Will you succeed where so many others failed?
Find out more detailed information about each dungeon here:Swords of Legends Online
Release Date Update
Additionally, Gameforge announces today a new March 3 launch date for update 2.0 The Firestone Legacy. In addition to the new content to come with this first major expansion to Swords of Legends Online, the new start date will also mark the game’s shift to Free-to-Play and the launch of new Russian servers.
“The decision to delay a release is always a difficult one, but ultimately, our priority lies with delivering the best possible experience to our community,” said Noemi Feller, Vice President of Products at Gameforge. “Due to the incredible amount of new content coming to the game with The Firestone Legacy, we and the team at Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon feel that slightly delaying the release will allow us to provide the most stable and enjoyable experience for players, providing time for additional testing, polish, and fixes. This is the first time we’ve had to move a milestone for SOLO since its release, however, we have made the commitment to do what it takes to ensure the highest quality possible. We’re excited to put our best foot forward as we welcome new players from currently supported regions and soon from Russia, while offering current players even more to explore in the world of Shenzhou — all of whom will be able to play for free!”
For more information, please visit the Swords of Legends Online.
Based on the legends that inspired the multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and a series of games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online—which first launched in China in July of 2019—Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered edition of the popular AAA saga to a whole new audience in Europe and the Americas, presented in glorious, high-definition visuals designed to take advantage of modern hardware. Players will explore an eon-long clash between the forces of light and darkness. Only those chosen by the legendary sword buried deep within them may unlock the powers necessary to banish the fog of evil, death, and destruction that threaten to consume this tempestuous world. With nine playable classes available, players will unravel the rich saga as they explore the exquisite world of Shenzhou, find a home among the clouds, and embark on epic adventures, battling challenging foes and bringing peace to the land once more.
Swords of Legends Online is now available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English or Chinese voiceovers. The game will be going Free-to-Play on March 3, 2022. Swords of Legends Online will also become available for free in Russia and CIS with the release of 2.0: The Firestone Legacy, containing English text and VO. There will be a Russian release in Q2 2022 that will have Russian text with the option of English or Chinese VO.
Keep up to date with the latest Swords of Legends Online news by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord, and by liking it on Facebook and the official Swords of Legends Online website.
Source: Gameforge - Steam - Epic Games - Swords of Legends Online - New Dungeons of Swords of Legends Online The Firestone Legacy