League of Legends has released a new champion spotlight that presents Zyra, Rise of the ThornsLeague of Legends has released a new champion spotlight that presents the new champion Zyra, Rise of the Thorns.
With a varied set of abilities, Zyra can hold her own as a mage, combining plants and abilities to strategically overwhelm the competition. Zyra excels at planning ahead and exploiting an enemys weaknesses, bringing the full fury of nature to bear.
- Queen of Thorns (Passive): Upon dying, Zyra transforms into a vengeful plant that fires one last shot before expiring.
- Deadly Bloom: Zyra grows a bud at target location. After a brief delay it explodes, launching damaging thorns at all nearby enemies. If cast on a seed, Deadly Bloom grows a Thorn Spitter plant, which fires at enemies from afar.
- Rampant Growth: Zyra plants a seed, granting vision of an area for up to 30 seconds. Other spells cast on seeds will turn them into plants who fight for Zyra.
- Grasping Roots: Zyra sends forth vines through the ground to ensnare her target, dealing damage and rooting enemies they come across. If cast on a seed, Grasping Roots grows a Vine Lasher, whose short range attacks reduce enemy Movement Speed.
- Stranglethorns (Ultimate): Zyra summons a twisted thicket at her target location, dealing damage to enemies as it expands and knocking them airborne as it contracts. Plants in the area are enraged, increasing their Attack Speed.