GENRE: Free to play MMORPG
PLATFORM: Web Browser
warlord saga is a colourful cutesy it free to play MMO RPG adventure sets during the Three Kingdoms Era of ancient China, where three factions fight among each other for control of the land. The game features character customisation and advancement with a number of systems and many events for players to participate in as they seek to become epic soldiers in the fight for the kingdom.
- Choose from three different factions
- Play as three different classes: warrior, strategist or archer
- Take part in various events to earn great prizes
- Compete in the arena against other players in PVP
- Work up the ranking ladders to become the best
- Completely free to play with no client download
In the game players get to choose from a selection of classes and join up to one of the three powerful factions, based on the historically accurate empires the had risen up during the time of the Three Kingdoms. The main premise in the game is improving your character, advancing their abilities and attaining new and more powerful items from the various game features.
There are three factions to choose from that the player must pledge their allegiance to: Shu, Wei and Wu.
- Shu - known as Shu Han and founded by Liu Bei in 221AD who was a direct descendant to the original Han Dynasty imperial clan based in and around Yizhou and Jingzhou.
- Wei – known as Cao Wei, the state was founded in 220AD by Cao Pi and its capital established at Luoyand. The principles of the clan were laid out by Cao Pi’s father, Cao Cao.
- Wu – known as Sun Wu or Eastern Wu, the name was derived from the location it could be foun, upon the Yangtze River region, historically called Wu.
there are three available classes to choose from in the game:
- Warrior - carrying long spears, these trained warriors are proficient at protecting their allies and tanking in battle.
- Strategist - using a longer sword and able to dish out large amounts of damage, there are offensive abilities make up for their lack of defences.
- Archer - dextrous combatants and long ranged damage dealers, they can take out enemies from a distance and at great speed.
MAIN GAME ACTIVITIES
There are a number of activities that players can engage in within the game:
- Heroic Run - one of the main purposes of the Heroic Run is for players to learn about the lore and characters that make up the Three Kingdoms. By completing different quests players will discover the world’s history and also receive valuable rewards.
- Treasure Hunt – At level 29 onwards players can participate in the daily treasure hunt, able to join nine hunts a day plus an extra opportunity for every two hours that the player has been in game. Players can earn a variety of items from quests scrolls, gem boxes and over much sought-after items
- Nanman’s Assault – Available from level 30 where players can enter a dungeon lair to fight the big boss, accumulating gold each time you damage the boss, the amount of gold you get determined by how much damage you deal. Additional rewards are given to the top 10 damage dealers and those who delivered the final blow to kill the boss.
- Arena – When reaching level 31 players are able to join the arena and battle against other players. The arena opens at the same time each day from certain amount of time and players can gain rewards depending on their finishing position.
As Warlord Saga is a fun and competitive game players can compete with each other to try and reach the top of the ranking boards, there are multiple rankings that players can excel in:
- Individual – Made up from the individual class rank, riches rank and strength rank to give an overall Individual rank to show the best overall player
- Class – Showing the top players of their class according to their own level
- Hero – Top heroes ranked in order of their strength
- Guild – This includes riches ranking, resource ranking and guild level
- Arena – Check to see who is the top players in the Arena
The game is free to play with a VIP card element that players can purchase with real-world money that gives them access to a variety of features and extra items or alternatively players can purchase individual items/features/upgrades independently of the VIP packages. Some of the features in the game limits the amount of times players can access them the premium currency is typically spent to refresh these features.