City of Heroes has launched Freedom and its update Issue 21: ConvergenceNCsoft and Paragon Studios have released City of Heroes Freedom.
Freedom adapts the free-to-play model to the game, and allows all players to reach level 50 at no cost, while providing players with the option to purchase new content a la carte to build a onea-kind gaming experience.
With Freedom arrives Issue 21: Convergence, that comes with a whole new zone, Incarnate Trial, powers, costumes and more, including the new monthly Signature Story Arcs and the Paragon Rewards Program.
Issue 21: Convergence comes with next new features:
· New Zone: First Ward, the training and testing grounds for some of Praetorias most elite forces and sinister weapons, is where players will encounter all new threats, including the massive zone-wide event, the Seed of Hamidon.
· New Missions: The debut of monthly Signature Story Arcs (free for VIP Players), enables players to play a key role in the main storyline as they fight alongside iconic heroes and villains and discover which of Paragon Citys premier heroes will die!
· New Rewards: The Paragon Rewards program is our way to thank players for investing in City of Heroes and provides new and unique in-game rewards designed around each players unique tastes and play style.
· New Power Sets and Costumes: Time Manipulation (free for VIP Players), Beam Rifle and Street Justice represent just the beginning of new powers coming to players with City of Heroes Freedom, while the Barbarian and the Circle of Thorns Costume Sets, as well as the IDF and Defense Costume Sets (free for VIP Players) add even more options to the millions of customisation options at a players fingertips.
· New Starting Experience: Puts new players right in the middle of the action, giving them access to all archetypes with no alignment restriction. During the new starting experience, players will have the opportunity to determine whether they ally with the forces of good, or harness the powers of evil.
· New Epic Challenges: The Underground Incarnate Trial takes place deep below the streets of Praetoria, in the secret lair of the Devouring Earth. Those strong enough to break through their stronghold may reach the devastating Avatar of Hamidon for a final showdown of epic proportions. Up to 28 players can team up to fight new menaces and unlock great rewards.
Our fans have come to expect great content and with City of Heroes Freedom weve clearly raised the bar by delivering the best gameplay weve ever developed, and giving players the choice to truly customise their gaming experience said Brian Clayton, Executive Producer at Paragon Studios. We arent just flipping a switch and going Free-to-Play. Were embarking on the biggest content and feature update to City of Heroes in its seven-year history.