GENRE: Free to play MMORPG
DEVELOPER: Polygon Games
Completely free to play Asta transports players to a fantasy realm filled with all manner of magical monsters and races as dark powers rise up and threaten the world of Samsura. Divided long ago into two realms, created from the fallen Goddess that nearly destroyed the world as her essence was divided to stop her from making such attempts again, the realms of Ora have united against the forces of Asu , and once more the world faces a time of upheaval. With multiple races and classes to choose from the game is a feature packed MMORPG with a distinctive Asian flavour.
- 5 Unique Races across two primary factions
- 5 Available classes
- Customize your characters gear, talents and Spirits
- Engage in quests and story driven content solo or with friends
- Take on challenging Dungeons and Raid for rewards
- Fight against other players in PVP Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Crafting and Sub-Professions such as Treasure Hunting and Fishing
- Free to play
The core of the game revolves around quest based content that will reward players with XP to increase their level, as well as sending them to different regions and progressing the games overarching storyline. A traditional style MMORPG Asta follows traditional tab-targeting combat, skill boosting talent trees, gear acquisition and customization and classic Dungeon delves and PVP battlegrounds.
There are 5 classes in the game: Rogue, Warrior, Archer, Mage and Healer.
- Warrior – Capable of wielding a wide variety of melee weapons, the can quickly reach enemies and slow them down to be the main aggressor, as well as offering protection to their allies in a group
- Rogue – Fierce single opponent combatants that can focus on an enemy’s weak points or use poison to hinder them, they can detect infiltrators and neutralize archers
- Mage – Capable of using the forces of nature to overwhelm their opponents, lightning, ice, fire and even darkness are their weapons to damage single opponents, hinder them with stuns or attack areas with fierce spells
- Archer – Long ranged fighters that can keep out of range and out of sight, their aura allows them to increase their movement and attack speed and knockback abilities keep combatants getting too close
- Healer – Using the energy that surrounds them they can both heal their own wounds and those of their allies, physical attacks inflict ongoing damage whilst restoring their own health
Aside from the main quests that take you across the open world to explore new regions, such of which will culminate in a dungeon for players to explore either solo or with a group for a more challenging fight, there are many other PVE options in the game. Players can choose to queue for Dungeons and Raids, either as a group or as a solo player and be randomly matched up with other players filling different roles. With the regions of the game in different areas players can also come across world Events where they automatically gain a mini quest chain that everyone in the area can work towards and finishes with summoning a huge boss; these events reward the players that have the most involvement and kill the most enemies by giving them Tai Tokens that players can spend at unique vendors buying weapons, armor and even some mounts.
There are numerous PVP options in the game for those players that like to test their mettle against other real world opponents. Unlocked at level 10 players can queue up to join two Battlegrounds; an open map with a team based point capture objective where the teams must earn 8000 points to win the game, or a football style battle where the two teams fight over a ball and try to take it across a deadly playing field and score in the opposition goal. There are Class battles where players can fight in 1 on 1 fights for prizes, as well as Team fights where friends can battle together, finally players that are in a Guild can fight in the Guild v Guild tournament; players will earn a unique PVP currency for competing and being successful in PVP battles.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), 7, 8 and 10
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.2G (minimum)
- RAM: 2GB (minimum)
- HD Space: 14GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT (minimum)