Spiral Knights is now available on the Steam PlatformSEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe, Ltd. have announced that Spiral Knights is now available for download on Steam, the top digital distribution platform worldwide.
The retro-styled, online action-adventure game now offers the benefits of Steams robust community and technical features, while still remaining free for players everywhere.
Joining the prestigious library of games on Steam doesnt just mean that Spiral Knights is now available to a wider audience, but also that players now have the added support of a fantastic, deeply-established gaming community, said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. We know the millions of new adventurers who can now easily access the game through Steam will enjoy it every bit as much as our existing players do.
Spiral Knights features:
- Opportunities for players to create guilds, craft new gear, and customize the looks and abilities of their characters
- A constantly changing world brought to life in a vibrant, retro-inspired visual style
- Intuitive pick-up-and-play controls (including both mouse-only and gamepad control)
- Easy matchmaking for co-op mayhem with parties of up to four players
- Gear and weapons upgradeable through adventuring or through the purchase of Crystal Energy
A game with strong co-operative and social elements like Spiral Knights is, put simply, a great fit for Steam, said Daniel James, CEO of Three Rings. Beyond the convenience of automatic game updates and easy Energy purchases through Steam, our players will be able to enjoy their time in the Clockworks with their existing Friends List members, aided by built-in voice chat and instant messaging.