Sony Online Entertainment is celebrating DC Universe Online first anniversarySony Online Entertainment is celebrating DC Universe Online first anniversary. The free-to-play MMO game launched last January, becoming the first MMO available for the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system and the first MMO based in the DC Universe, has steadily increased its content with downloadable content and game updates.
To celebrate the games one-year anniversary, players will receive a special onea-kind One Year Anniversary Cape that features a number 1″ on the back. The cape will be granted to players through their mission journal on January 11.
The character must exist on the 11th to be eligible to receive the mission. However, players do not need to log in on the 11th; as long as the character exists on the 11th, players will receive the mission the next time they log in.
Since launch, DCUO has seen:
- More than 3.5 million Heroes, more than 2 million Villains
- More than 1.8 million registered players on PC, and more than 2.3 million registered players on PS3
- More than 1,200 new NPC characters added since launch
- More than 200 new quests added since launch
- More than 2,500 new items added since launch
- More than 15 new zones added since launch
- More than 1,800 new encounters since launch
- 3.6 million days of playtime total by all players in-game
We broke a lot of new ground with last years launch of DC Universe Online, both by successfully creating the first PS3 MMO community and adding true action combat to the genre, said Lorin Jameson, Executive Director of Development, Sony Online Entertainment. The free-to-play transition at the end of last year is a proof point that our community is stronger and larger than ever. We are very proud of what weve accomplished thus far and look forward to continuously striving to improve the game.