New Free-to-Play Title of Magic: The Gathering
Wizards of the Coast have announced Magic Duels: Origins, a new free to play title, successor to their Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise. This new game will be available worldwide this July on PC via Steam, iPad tablets and Xbox One. And it will also arrive to PlayStation 4 later this year.
Magic Duels: Origins will feature multiplay play modes (like the fan-favourite Two-Headed Giant) and it will launch with the new storyline featured in the upcoming Magic Origins set, and will continue to expand with regular content that reflects the latest sets. It will feature multiple play modes
"This upcoming release is unlike anything we've ever done," said Drew Nolosco, lead designer for Magic Duels: Origins. "Players will experience the origin stories of our five most iconic Planeswalkers through immersive gameplay. We've also listened to our players. Two-Headed Giant is back! Taking it a step further, everything is earnable, making the game truly free-to-play. Magic Duels is the perfect way to start your journey into the world's best strategy game."
These are the key features of this new game:
- Improved Deck Builder with step-by-step deck construction guidance
- First-ever playable Planeswalker cards
- Solo Battle mode featuring virtually endless AI opponents
- Expanded multiplayer options, including Two-Headed Giant mode
- Quest system with new individual and community challenges every week
- Limitless Free-to-Play with 100% earnable content
- All-new Skill Quest tutorial system
Watch the announcement trailer: