Lots of romantic events are coming to Gala Networks Europe gamesGala Networks Europe, has unveiled the romantic events it will be holding across its suite of MMO titles throughout the Valentines Day period. A huge array of special events, item drops and all manner of other lovely happenings will be coming to Dragonica, Flyff, Canaan Online, Castle of Heroes, Terra Militaris and Rappelz.
- Dragonica will see the return of the Cookie Factory mission map, which comes with two new modes and two never before seen bosses named Coofie and Ademia. The modes are defence and tower defence challenges, and players completing the Cookie Factory will be rewarded with event items that can be traded with NPCs for new jewellery sets. Additionally, new Cupid outfits will be available and a new vending machine will appear in Port of the Winds, stocked with new items.
- From 9th of February to 23rd February, Flyff will have a Valentines visit from two unique NPCs in the form of an angel and a devil, and the appearance of a special monster, the Love Thief. Players that defeat the Love Thief will obtain pieces of a broken heart, which can be given to either the devil or the angel. Collecting and giving 100 heart pieces will grant players Loyalty Chocolate, 3,000 EXP and a special ticket, depending on which side they give the 100 pieces to. After the event, the total number of tickets collected will be counted and whichever side gave out the most tickets will be determined the winner, with boxes of random rewards given to both sides, but the winners boxes will be full of cool rewards and items such as the Black Panther Hoverbike, Pet tickets and Cloak Exchange tickets. The losers box will give a random pick of food and drink items.
- Canaan Online will be full of passion on the 14th February, expressing its love for its players by sending out experience point items to all players. Events will be run to win marriage items, allowing players to receive the in-game experience and money gained from being in a party with a marriage partner. The community will also be invited to submit pictures of their real-life pets in a competition to find the cutest pet owned by a Canaan Online player, with fabulous in-game prizes up for grabs.
- Castle of Heroes is celebrating the Valentine period between 14th and 19th February with a very special two-part quest themed around Romeo and Juliet. Players must assist the two lovers by distracting border patrols and defeating border control offices, allowing the two lovers to meet in the land of Kimmeria. Running alongside the romantic quest is a Facebook competition, where Castle of Heroes GMs will post a funny picture and players must declare their undying love for the subject of it in the comments. The best five declarations will win an array of in-game prizes, including items such as Rice Ball hero upgrades, 20 good-to-excellent grade equipment drops in the form of Goblins Toolboxes and a Gold Recruitment Card to speed up unit recruitment times. Everyone who posts a declaration of love will automatically receive 10 Goblins Toolboxes, meaning there are no losers in love for Castle of Heroes players.
- Seven days of romance are coming to Terra Militaris with Mars & Minerva Love Week, starting on the 9th February and running until the 16th February. Themed around the love of the Roman gods of war and knowledge, the event will see a doubling of EXP for the entire run, with an extraordinary triple EXP day on the 14th February. The auction house will be showing its love to Terra Militaris players by removing all taxes for the week, and a special blessing from Mars will lower the requirements for engaging in battle in neutral areas. This opens the doors for smaller guilds to participate in big battles for controlling holy shrines. Running alongside the in-game event is a special Mars & Minerva Love Week Facebook event, where fans are invited to contribute a love message to Terra Militaris itself, its gods or even its GMs, on a special event page. These can take the form a love letter, a poem, a photograph with comments, a drawing or a single sentence to represent the Valentines spirit. The winners will be decided by community voting via liking the submissions and a cool pack of in-game items will be awarded to the top 10 most liked posts.
- Valentines in Rappelz brings special drops in the form of herbs and flowers, which can be combined to receive a special lucky box; from this, players will be able to acquire powerful items such as Rings, which will provide bonus to characters stats, and Bouquets, which will improve their stamina regeneration. Valentines chocolate will also appear in drops during the event that will run from the 07th to the 14th of February. Besides, players will have the chance to participate in a side event where they will have the chance to win a special Love Looting Pet together with an Outfit of their choice. To win those prizes they will have to create a short story, along with an in game screenshot, to express their feelings for the person they love.
As well as the Valentines events, February will mark the 4th anniversary for Rappelzs German and French servers. gPotato.eu will be awarding players with a 100% drop, Lak and Exp bonus and players will be able to find special Anniversary Boxes, which offer the chance to receive special items normally available only in the Guild of Merchants. To round off the 4th anniversary celebrations, the Rappelz team has decided to organize a fantastic giveaway; via social media and in game events, German and French players will be able to win three Razor Packets, each containing a Razer Mouse, a Razer Keyboard and a Razer Headset, at a total value of 250. The other countries with Rappelz servers wont be left out of the grand celebration, as the drop, Lak and EXP bonuses will be set at 50% for the duration of the anniversary events.