League of legends has launched today its new game mode, DominionRiot Games, has launched today League of Legends: Dominion, the new capture-and-hold game mode for the multiplayer online battle arena title.
Now available to play in North America and Europe, Dominion is an evolution of the MOBA genre, with faster action and tactical gameplay played on an all-new map, the Crystal Scar.
League of Legends: Dominion features:
· An all-new map: The action in League of Legends: Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
· Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
· Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map in League of Legends: Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
· Fast-paced action: League of Legends: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoners Rift.
· Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of League of Legends: Dominion are competitive until the very end late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
· Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on Dominion.
With Dominion, we wanted to answer our players desire for innovation with a fast-paced, complementary experience to classic League of Legends, said Marc Merrill, president of Riot Games and executive producer of League of Legends. Now that its available to all League of Legends players, its going to be amazing to watch them develop strategies and dominate on the Crystal Scar!