Marvel Heroes 2015 Age of Ultron Update
The release of Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron has inspired a huge content update for Marvel Heroes 2015, including character additions and revamps, a new game mode, gameplay inspired by the movie, movie costumes and the ability for new players to enjoy the entire game for free as any of the core Avengers.
“Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron inspired content – ‘nuff said,” said David Brevik, CEO of Gazillion and creator of the classic action/RPGs Diablo and Diablo II. “Actually…there’s lots to talk about. Overall, this huge release epitomizes just how dedicated this team is to creating plentiful, regular content that’s not only substantial, but also relevant to the times – this dedication is a big reason our Metacritic score skyrocketed from 58 to 81 in one year. We’ll continue this cadence for as long as our community demands it, be it through huge additions to content like this one, big new events like our recent raid based on AXIS from the comics, or simply our monthly character releases like Vision – with lots others coming soon! There’s already so much game here, it’s ridiculous – we just wanna make it even more ridiculous.”
The gameplay modes are scheduled to go live closer to the May 1 movie release in North America and much of the rest of the world, and other movie-inspired updates will be added throughout the movie’s launch window, beginning today, April 24.
These are the key features coming to the game with this update:
- All game content for free as any of the six core Avengers characters: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Window and Hawkeye.
- The Vision as the 47th playable character.
- Nine movie-inspired costumes: Captain America, Iron Man Mk 43, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Game Mode: Designed for advanced players who will have to defend the citizens of New York from waves of Ultron Sentries attacking Central Park, and then take on Ultron himself at the ruins of the Avengers Mansion.
- Random events: Ultron Sentries appear throughout normal game modes, allowing players of all skill levels to experience action inspired by Avengers: Age of Ultron at any point during gameplay.